SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
The Technician will be responsible for supporting technical matters related to the construction, operations, and maintenance of wind turbine projects.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in wind project construction activities including but not limited to: mobilization and demobilization of sites, documentation control, inspection of deliverables, assistance in quality assurance, and mechanical completion.
- Complete maintenance reports and punch lists for turbine deficiencies and warranty work completed.
- Communicate with turbine manufacturer regarding maintenance schedules, unscheduled shutdowns, and any further communication concerning post-construction activities.
- Perform system operator duties including troubleshooting overall collection system, using proper lock-out/tag-out techniques, and understanding appropriate safety gear requirements.
- Manage site passwords and security information.
- Continue training and learning the turbine operating systems, which includes real training activities as well as a working understanding of the manuals associated with each project.
- Perform additional duties as necessary to support One Energy’s project operations.
Reports to the Project Management Department; no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong problem analysis and resolution skills
- Exceptional attention to detail with regard to field reporting and documenting problems
- Patience, persistence, and creative problem-solving abilities
- Comfort solving problems that have never been solved