Field Engineer Internship – Spring and Summer 2020
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
The Field Engineer Internship is a rotational program related to wind turbine projects in each of the following departments: Project Planning and Technology, Construction, and Research and Development.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage in regular physical work; climbing wind turbine towers is required. Emphasis of position is on activities at construction sites.
- Interpret and communicate technical information in project plans, specifications, and schedules.
- Assist in site/equipment design and procurement activities in early stages of project development. Planning and development work will be at the One Energy office.
- Participate in creating technical reports for development and operations consistent with engineering standards.
- Prepare daily reports, schedule updates, quality control reports, and documentation of material deliveries.
- Support business development and provide technical support for project engineering and construction activities.
Reports to the head of the department within the rotation; no supervisory responsibilities
- In progress of obtaining either a two-year or four-year engineering degree with a basic understanding of fundamental engineering technology and tools
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong problem analysis and resolution skills
- Patience, persistence, and creative problem-solving abilities
- Must be comfortable solving problems that have never been solved
- Experience with Microsoft Office: expert in Excel; proficient in Word; proficient in Outlook
- Experience with 3D Drawing software and programming a plus