Field Engineer Internship
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
The Field Engineer Internship is a rotational program related to wind turbine projects in each of the following departments; Project Planning and Technology, Construction, and Regulatory
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Emphasis of position is on activities at construction sites. Regular physical work, including climbing wind turbine towers is required.
- Interpret and communicate technical information in project plans, specifications and schedules.
- Assist in site/equipment design and procurement activities in early stages of project development. Planning and development work will be at the home office.
- Participate in creating technical reports for development and operations consistent with engineering standards
- Prepare daily reports, schedule updates, quality control reports, and document material deliveries.
- Support business development and provide technical support for project engineering and construction activities.
Reports to the head of the department within the rotation; no supervisory responsibilities
- In progress of obtaining either a two or four year Engineering degree with a basic understanding of fundamental engineering technology and tools
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong problem analysis and resolution skills
- Patience, persistence and creative problem solving abilities
- Must be comfortable solving problems that have never been solved
- MS Office Expert in Excel; Proficient in Word, Outlook; 3D Drawing software and programming experience a plus